Just a fashion and make up lover who doesn't obey the rules of trend.

3.10.14

Bits of Life: Say Cheese!


These days there are many bloggers in any kind of social blogging media who loves to share their outfits of the day. I love following enormous amount of fashion bloggers on Instagram because i'm more of picture person than a long paragraph. Now that being said, there are so many girls who posts their pictures without a smile. Why? Is it because media always have cover spread where women are never smiling unless they are in a teen magazine or health magazine cover? Is it because these girls want to look "sophisticated" and "cool"?

I used to take pictures without smiling, instead I did the pout kind of thing with my lips, not duck face by the way. My mum started to notice and told me off by telling me that I look mean and snobby. Of course as a trying-to-rebel kind of teen I was, I thought she was just being silly to say that to me. So I started to smile with my teeth showing in front of my mum, and gradually I realized that I was the one being silly to think my mum was silly to say that. She was right, I looked prettier and more genuine. Since then I've always smiled or make silly face on cameras.

Not in any kind of attraction way, I think when girls are smiling they look very pretty, especially when the smile is not completely made up. To me a real smile comes from the eyes and the heart. How? Think of something that makes you smile, anything would do. This isn't just my opinion, it's also from many guys I know. They have told me when they actually look for a girl to talk to, the first thing they see is their smile.

I'll be honest, I follow certain people on Instagram and yes the smiling thing is one of the factors why I follow most of them. I guess you could say that I think when someone have so many followers and wears beautiful garments, yet putting no smile makes me think that they're too good for everything and everyone. This is just an opinion of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment