Just a fashion and make up lover who doesn't obey the rules of trend.

6.10.14

Cosmetics Review: Bright White Mask by Boscia

I have been searching for any skincare that would brighten my skin and maybe, hopefully, miraculously, wishfully, if it's not so much to ask would lighten my skin to its original state as it used to be. Boscia just came to where I live in Sephora and I actually have been wanting the Luminizing Black Mask. When I saw the bright mask, I thought I should give it a try after seeing the good reviews on both Sephora and Makeupalley. 



First thing that I noticed was one of the main ingredients is Titanium Dioxide. This is kind of the reason why I got it, because from what I know is Titanium Dioxide is commonly known as one of the ingredient of sunscreens that gives out that whitish color on our face. 

Honestly, I think this is better than the black mask, because it feels like one of those pore strips from Biore. If you leave it long enough, you would see small dots of your dried out bumps/whiteheads. Although peeling the mask off can be a painful thing to do, literally. When I peeled mine off, it was also pulling my skin, so I had to do it extra gently and slowly otherwise my skin would be red from the pull.

There was s review that I saw, saying that this mask is meant for combination and/or dry skin because unlike most masks that dries the skin out after taking/peeling/washing the mask off the face, this tighten pores and the skin yet moisturizing (something like that). This is true for me, because my skin did feel tight in a good way and pores look less visible and my skin is more vibrant and yet moisturized.

The description said to wait about 20 minutes after application. Honestly it dried in about 10 minutes or less for me, until... I realized that the application that I did was not completely right, it was too little for it actually to "peel off" easily. Unlike the black mask, the bright mask needs fully cover our skin in a way that you cannot skin your skin, otherwise it will take a long time and be difficult to peel off for it is too thin to peel off without breaking little by little bits.

The cost though... It's not as crazy as glam glow masks. Honestly this and the black mask does the same thing but cheaper, in my opinion. I got it for $49.7 in Sephora of where I live. Although it is still SO VERY expensive, especially the bright mask. Why? you need to cover your skin all over without having any skin showing for an easier peel. You can still peel the mask off even with little amount of mask on your skin, but it takes so much longer because it would peel bit by bit of thin paper like mask.

I LOVE this mask, but I would only buy this when I have the luxury to, but when I have more important things or better and cheaper things to spend, i'll pass. For now, i'm going to only use this once a week or 2 weeks since I have the black mask and enjoy it while it last.

No comments:

Post a Comment