Just a fashion and make up lover who doesn't obey the rules of trend.

4.10.14

Cosmetics Review: Color Reveal LipBalm by Sephora Collection

Where I live, lip balms that claims to bring out the natural color of our lips (or something along that line) is still new. Another one that I know is from Dior. When I saw this, I smeared it a little on my lips and on my friends' lips. 



So basically, the color of the lipbalm itself is peachy pink. When it is swatched once on the bare skin, you can see that it has a VERY sheer pink color to the point where it seem invisible if you look further away from the skin. Although when you swatch it 5 times on the skin, the pink-ish color is more visible than a one-time swatch.




The texture of  the lipbalm is non sticky at all, it goes on very smoothly. It does moisturize the lips, but compared to Lip Glow it doesn't stay as long. Although it is better than most drugstore lipbalms where you practically need to swipe it if water touches the lips. This lipbalm only need few times of swiping maybe after eating or a glass of drink. Depending what you are eating and/or drinking, sometimes the moist feeling is still there but not as much.

The application of the lipbalm is very easy since the size is in my opinion small so it doesn't easily run off the lip line. The size compared to the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Sheer Lipshine is approximately 1 mm smaller in diameter.

The color on my lips with only 1 swipe seems very natural to the point where it just looks like wearing a regular lipbalm with just a touch of baby pink on. 5 swipes however have more pink color to it as if wearing a sheer pink lipstick, which those who like sheer lipsticks would love. 

Bare

1 swipe

5 swipes


This cost me $13, which I think is a good price for a of Dior Lip Glow if you're on a budget. Then again there is not much to no other brands that have this kind of lip balm that I know of..

No comments:

Post a Comment