Just a fashion and make up lover who doesn't obey the rules of trend.

3.10.14

A Girly Thing: The Art of Shopping



Every girls are different to how they clear their minds from just about anything that is bothering them. For me, shopping or just a good walk in the mall and see pretty things can make me feel better. Except today I did plan on shopping for "necessities". 

Some girls love to shop with their friends, I do. but I always feel like it's hard to find someone who I can go shopping with. Why? They have different taste in fashion, do not like my taste, and do not respect my taste.

There was a girl I know who somewhat have the same sense of fashion as I do for glamorous clothing, but the only difference is that she likes to show skin that is unnecessary for they do not need to be put out there more than they already are. I am surprised and amazed and glad that someone at her age knows fashion already, but when it comes to a more conservative clothing such as working clothes, she would make ignorant comments.

The point is that when you are shopping especially for clothes, take someone who understands your style whether or not they have the same style as you do because it's fun when you both are searching something for yourself and find something your friend would like. If there is no one to take with you, go by yourself. It can be peaceful and fun at the same time for you do not need to have that awkward split up-and-see-you-later moment with your friend. Also you don't have anyone to wait on while they or you are trying clothes out.

As much as we want to dress up, if you know you're going to try many clothes it's better to wear something you can get out and get in easily especially if the fitting room only allows you to take just a few to try on and makes you come back for another few over and over again. The best clothes you can wear is actually a loose fitting dress, why? it's a one time slip out of your body. A tight dress would make you spend time to struggle getting in and out of it such as your hair getting stuck and your arm and breast and butt making the dress hard to fall down easily. If your not in a dressy mood, go for the casual shorts and cute top. If you know EXACTLY what you are looking for it would help greatly. For example you're looking for a top, you have your bottoms already to see whether it would look good on you, thus no need to get bottoms "just coz". Loose cardigans is also nice if you don't feel like showing skin and it's easy to get out from.

Shopping is easier when you actually know what you want to buy, keeps you focused on what you are looking for. 

Quick review on the things I bought and why I bought them. Boscia Black Luminizing Mask; I actually have been wanting to one from an online shop. It was either that or the Origins charcoal mask. Boscia Bright White Mask; I always am on a look out for something to brighten my complexion and hopefully lighten my face a little. Sephora Color Reveal Lipbalm; I fell in love with the Dior Lip Glow and saw this dupe and decided i'd give it a go. Too Faced Perfectly Flawless Concealer; this is my second tube for I fell in love with this concealer, i'm glad I bought this baby the first time it came out. Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme; where I live these "lip plumping serum" is still new in the market and the first one that I know of was the Dior lip plumper that goes with the Dior lip glow. I wanted to try this because it's glossy but not sticky. 

So, back to what I was saying before. Going shopping not knowing what you want can make you cry out of the wallet or leave the mall thinking you just wasted your time, unless you planned on just going to walk around to fresh your mind. 

If you are going alone, organizing walking plan of which stores you're going in to helps, how? it saves more time from going back and forth instead you're going in a circle of a floor once. Also start from a store that you know you would find what you're looking for, but don't buy it yet if you do find what you're looking for at the first store you went to. Be a smart shopper! You might find something better and/or budget friendlier that the one in the previous store. This doesn't make you "cheap", we are girls, we have needs and wants, a lot of needs and wants. 

These are just some things I think about before going shopping, it may sound complicated but I was a student that required to structure and organize things out. I find it smart and whether or not I find what I need or want, I leave the mall without feeling like I just wasted money and time.

No comments:

Post a Comment